READ. LEARN. CONNECT.
Serving Carter County Since 1931
The Library was established in 1931 by a group of ladies called the Queen Ann Civic Club. This group donated the first set of books. Money was raised by holding food and rummage sales. The Poplar Bluff Library gave them books and from this the library was moved from a private home to a vacant room in the Carter County Courthouse. They had accumulated 18,000 books and operated without pay. In 1947, Carter County voted a one mill library tax and the first librarian was hired. The Library has moved several times and due to the flood of 2008 we were able to move to our present location.
Connect With Us On Social Media